To Report a Claim to EPIC:
|Toll Free Claims Hotline:||1-866-709-8749|
|Claims Fax Number:||1-513-388-3579|
|Claims Mailing Address:||7000 Midland Blvd. Amelia, OH 45102|
What Do I Do?
If you have experienced a loss,
- Step 1. Contact us immediately to report your claim at 1-866-709-8749
- Step 2. Protect your property against further damage.
If you have suffered a loss due to water damage, please immediately stop the flow of water. We will provide you with the names of some of our preferred mitigation specialists that can assist in the drying of your home.
- Step 3. Prepare for the adjuster’s visit.
If necessary, the adjuster will schedule a time to come to your home to inspect the loss, take photographs and obtain additional information.
- Provide prompt and professional claim services to all EPIC policyholders presenting claims under their policies
- Accurately and fairly process policyholders claims in accordance with policy terms and conditions
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements while maintaining the highest ethical standards, and good faith claims handling practices
In addition to our staff of claims professionals, we have partnered with Specialty Insurance Services (“SIS”), a subsidiary of American Modern Insurance Group. Our partnership with SIS gives us the ability to offer superior responsiveness to policyholders after a major storm, or a minor covered loss. As an EPIC policyholder with a claim, you will receive the following benefits:
- 24/7 access to expert claims personnel for loss reporting. Emergency mitigation services are made available to you immediately with a target response time of 2 hours or less. Contractor services and alternative living arrangements are also available through our network.
- Highly trained adjusters, who average more than 10 years of claims adjusting experience and whose goal is compassionate and timely resolution of your claim, will work with you.
- We are keenly focused on hurricane claims response, with a committed team of over 300 experienced employee adjusters supported by current technology and reliable processes, already in place to respond quickly and effectively. With our claims team, EPIC will not need to contract with additional independent catastrophe adjusters after a major disaster.
- Please contact our 24-hour claims department at 1-866-709-8749 as soon as a loss occurs. This is very important so that we may immediately begin helping you.
- After reporting the claim to our claims department, you will be given a claims number. Please retain this number for reference for future inquiries. You claim will be assigned to one of our claims adjusters. Your adjuster will contact you within 24 hours of you reporting the claim.
- It is your responsibility at this time to take whatever steps you can to protect your property against further damage.
- If you have suffered a loss due to water damage, please immediately stop the flow of water. We will provide you with the names of some of our preferred mitigation specialists that can assist in the drying of your home.
- If you have experienced a theft, notify the police and report all items that have been stolen.
- The adjuster will contact you and, if necessary, will schedule a time to come to your home to inspect the loss, take photographs and obtain additional information. If you have incurred any costs to further protect your property from damage, please retain copies of any invoices or receipts for necessary expenses, and be prepared to present these to the adjuster.
- The adjuster will inspect the damage and will submit a claims report. The adjuster cannot issue payment prior to review by our claims department of the report. If a payment is to be issued, a check will be mailed to you as quickly as possible after the claim is investigated.
If you suspect insurance fraud or want to report fraudulent activity, please contact our claims department at 1-866-709-8749 or you may also contact the Florida Division of Insurance Fraud by phone at (850) 413-3115 or through their website at http://www.myfloridacfo.com/Division/fraud/#.U16X8Gd8PIW.
According to the Division of Insurance Fraud website, insurance fraud is not a victimless crime. It is estimated that insurance fraud costs the United States $80 billion dollars or more a year, which are ultimately passed down to consumers. The Coalition Against Insurance Fraud (CAIF) estimates this fraud to cost approximately $950 per family. Since taking office, CFO Atwater has made it a top priority to fight this insidious fraud. He believes it to be one of the biggest cost drivers for escalating insurance rates that are increasingly burdening Florida’s consumers and families.